OCB Flexible Fund Grants — Overview
The Retirement Research Foundation provides OCB Flexible Fund Grants to respond to immediate capacity building needs for Chicago-area nonprofits. OCB Flexible Funds are available to help organizations identify their capacity building priorities or receive short-term technical assistance:
- Readiness Assessments – Funds may be used to engage a consultant who will work directly with your organization to identify and prioritize capacity building opportunities, and the steps needed for organizational improvement or growth.
- Targeted Consultations – Funds may be used to engage an expert in nonprofit management to provide short-term, focused technical assistance on an emerging issue related to legal, fiscal, human resources, or other areas.
Limited funds are also available to address unanticipated, short-term emergency needs. Contact RRF for more information.
OCB Flexible Fund Grants are awarded up to a maximum of $5,000.
OCB Flexible Fund Grants — Eligibility
OCB Flexible Fund Grants are provided to nonprofit organizations that are:
- Tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Located in Cook, DuPage, Kane, Kendall, Lake, or McHenry counties in Illinois
- Placing a high priority on providing services to older adults, ages 65 and older
A successful applicant generally will have been in operation for at least three years and have annual revenue of at least $75,000, excluding in-kind donations and services.
RRF’s OCB Flexible Fund Grants do not support:
- Financial deficits
- One-time events that do not build long-term capacity (such as fundraising events or conferences)
OCB Flexible Fund Grants — Apply
To respond to immediate capacity building needs for Chicago-area nonprofits, RRF has a streamlined application process for its OCB Flexible Fund program. Please note that:
- Applications for OCB Flexible Fund Grants are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year
- Decisions on OCB Flexible Fund Grants are generally made within four to six weeks
The OCB Flexible Fund Application is available electronically as a PDF file and as a Word document. Choose the format that works best for you. Please complete and print the Application and return it to RRF. (Please note that you may need the latest version of Adobe Reader to fill in the form.)
Please provide the following in your application:
- Short-term need to be addressed
- Amount requested and how the funds will be used
- Timeframe for proposed activities
- Project bid or scope of work from proposed consultant
Attachments – Please include one copy of the following:
- IRS 501(c)(3) designation letter
- Most recent audited financial statement