The Retirement Research Foundation’s mission is to improve the quality of life for our nation’s elders. RRF is one of the nation’s first private foundations devoted exclusively to aging and retirement issues.
The Foundation was founded on the belief that our society will be judged by how we treat our elders. RRF believes in working to create a just and equitable society and, as part of a caring community, our values serve as guiding principles for our grantmaking.
The Retirement Research Foundation believes that caring communities:
- Engage elders as active contributors to society
- Encourage community-wide acceptance of older persons as equal partners
- Promote community-wide involvement in care of older adults
- Promote and support elders’ independence and their freedom to make life choices
- Support institutions that offer person-centered care
- Facilitate elders’ access to services and opportunities
- Invest in the infrastructure of organizations delivering services that enable older persons to safely remain in their communities