The Retirement Research Foundation (RRF) is seeking a Program Officer to join our dedicated team of professionals working to advance the quality of life for older people in America. This is a new full-time permanent position with RRF, a national leader in aging philanthropy. Based in Chicago, RRF awards grants that support direct service, advocacy, education/training for professionals working with older people, applied research that seeks causes and solutions to significant problems affecting older people, and organizational capacity building. The individual hired for this position will participate in all areas of RRF’s grantmaking, with an emphasis on applied research. This primarily involves, but is not limited to, assessing grant proposals and monitoring grant progress. The Program Officer will engage with a diverse group of people from community-based organizations, advocacy organizations, academic institutions, public policy groups, other foundations, and philanthropic partners.
- Depth of knowledge in gerontology or expertise in aging-related field(s)
- Strong knowledge of research methods and statistics in order to evaluate grant proposals
- A PhD (strongly preferred) or other advanced degree(s) plus 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly and concisely
- Superior interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively, work as part of a team, adapt to a changing environment, and relate to diverse partners
- Capacity to analyze and track trends in applied research, including translational science and program evaluation
- Prior publication(s) in peer-reviewed journals (preferred)
- Strong skills in building external relationships and public speaking
- Highly motivated, with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects efficiently, in an organized manner
- Proficiency with database operations and Microsoft Office products
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. RRF offers an excellent benefits package.
- Cover Letter; and
- Curriculum vitae or resume
Submit application materials by email to: PO2019@rrf.org.
RRF is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.